Virgin Atlantic is currently trading under the name of Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited and unlike our other Airlines mentioned so far, is a British Airline that has its head office in Crawley in England.

Virgin Atlantic was established over 30 years ago, in 1984 as and was originally called British Atlantic Airways. Sir Richard Branson controls the holding company, the “Virgin Group” that currently controls 51% of Virgin Atlantic and the other 49% is currently split by the Delta Airlines group. They currently have a range of Boeings and Airbuses in their possession and operate between:

  • United Kingdom
  • North America
  • The Caribbean
  • Africa
  • The Middle East
  • Asia

By 2012 Virgin Atlantic had already carried an impressive 5.4 million passengers and that made it the 7th largest UK Airline in terms of passengers. Virgin Group sold a 49% stake in the airline to Singapore Airlines in 1999 for £600 million. On 14 May 2008, the company formally announced an invitation for offers for its Virgin Atlantic stake, and publicly acknowledged that its stake in the airline had “underperformed”.

We know that anything backed by Sir Richard Branson, with his bank roll, positive attitude and passion for business will be a success!

The Baggage allowances for the following classes are:

  • Little Red (UK domestic) –
    Number of bags: Two*
    Routes applicable: All Virgin Atlantic domestic routes operated by Aer Lingus
    Weight per bag: Up to 23kg (50 lb) each
    Dimensions per bag: Up to 90 x 75 x 43cm / 35.5 x 29.5 x 16ins
    Exceptions:

     Economy –

  • Number of bags: One
    Routes applicable: All Virgin Atlantic routes.
    Weight per bag: Up to 23kg (50 lb) each
    Dimensions per bag: Up to 90 x 75 x 43cm / 35.5 x 29.5 x 16ins
    Exceptions: On flights from the UK to India, flights from the US & Canada to India, flights from the US to South Africa and flights from the UK/US to Lagos the allowance is two bags.